I was using a tool which malfunctioned. I am not sure if I have a case. What should I do?


[suffusion-widgets id=’4′]

A: If an injury resulted, you should seek legal advice on whether you have a viable case against the product manufacturer. However, even if injury did not occur, you should still report the injury to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. You can report unsafe products at www.cpsc.gov. The CPSC keeps track of all complaints and will contact the manufacturer about a recall if there are additional, similar reports made concerning the same product.

If you did suffer injury, you should be aware that proving a defect or malfunction in a power tool requires the use of an expert engineer who will test the tool. Therefore, it is important that you retain the tool, its parts, the manual, etc. The most important thing is that the tool be tested in the exact state it was in when the accident occurred. Therefore, you should put the tool in a safe place, refrain from using it and seek legal advice. Read more about defective tools and products law in Pennsylvania.

Related Pennsylvania Defective Products Legal Articles:

Pennsylvania Defective Tool & Products Law Firm

Our defective tool and products liability lawyers represent victims in the following areas: Allegheny County, PA; Berks County, PA; Bucks County, PA; Chester County, PA; Delaware County, PA; Lehigh County, PA; Montgomery County, PA; Northampton County, PA: Philadelphia County, PA; Atlantic County, NJ; Burlington County, NJ; Camden County, NJ; Cumberland County, NJ; Gloucester County, NJ; Salem County, NJ; New Castle County, DE; Kent County, DE; Atlantic City, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Newark, NJ; Doylestown, PA; Media, PA; West Chester, PA; Norristown, PA; Camden, NJ; Wilmington, DE; Newark, DE; Georgetown, DE; and New Castle, DE. Our lawyers can also obtain special admission in other states such as New York or Delaware on a case by case basis.

**This website does not provide legal advice.  Every case is unique and it is crucial to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case.  See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.