I was drinking alcohol and tripped at a restaurant, but did not fall because I was drunk. Do I still have a case?


[suffusion-widgets id=’3′]

A: Being under the influence of alcohol will not necessarily bar your claim. You may have a case of negligence against the bar or restaurant, but it will depend on what caused you to fall and whether you can prove it. For example, if you tripped and fell as a result of a poorly maintained area, there must be evidence that you in fact tripped as a result of some defect, like a broken or crumbling walkway surface.

Proper investigation may reveal a witness who saw you fall and who could testify that clearly it was not the result of you being under the influence of alcohol. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances. It is ideal to have the case evaluated by a lawyer who specializes in alcohol bar and restaurant liability cases as soon as possible in order to preserve your rights. The vast majority of injury lawyers will review your case without any cost to you. If they accept the case, they will work on a contingency basis which means the client only pays when there is a financial recovery.

Related Legal Articles:

To submit your case for review by our Pennsylvania and New Jersey bar and restaurant alcohol liability and accident lawyers, call Click To Call. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation, and can obtain special admission in other states, such as New York or Delaware, on a case by case basis.

**This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is crucial to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.

Our accident and injury attorneys serve accident victims in the following areas: Allegheny County, PA; Berks County, PA; Bucks County, PA; Chester County, PA; Delaware County, PA; Lehigh County, PA; Montgomery County, PA; Northampton County, PA: Philadelphia County, PA; Atlantic County, NJ; Burlington County, NJ; Camden County, NJ; Cumberland County, NJ; Gloucester County, NJ; Salem County, NJ; New Castle County, DE; Kent County, DE; Atlantic City, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Newark, NJ; Doylestown, PA; Media, PA; West Chester, PA; Norristown, PA; Camden, NJ; Wilmington, DE; Newark, DE; Georgetown, DE; and New Castle, DE. Our lawyers can obtain special admission in other states on a case by case basis.

Published: June 27, 2012