How can I make an underinsured claim in Pennsylvania?


[suffusion-widgets id=’3′]

A: Underinsured claims can only be made against your car insurance company, and you should always be sure to consult with a car accident lawyer in Pennsylvania before making an underinsured or uninsured claim because these kinds of claims are complex and if not properly preserved, you might lose the ability to make them. Read more about UIM and UM claims.

Underinsured claims will provide coverage for losses and injuries which exceed the ability of the negligent driver’s ability to pay. For example, you’re seriously injured in an accident due to another driver’s fault and that driver only has a small insurance policy of say, $15,000. You may be able to make an underinsured claim on your own car insurance policy, up to the amount of the insurance you purchased, plus stacking of additional cars, if you elected stacking. Proper notice must be given to your insurance company; a car accident lawyer can advise you on how to preserve this kind of claim. Learn about the statute of limitations in a UIM/UM case.

Related content:

Pennsylvania Car & Truck Accident Lawyer

Our injury and accident lawyers work hard to get you fair compensation for injuries suffered in a car or truck accident. For more information, contact our Pennsylvania car and truck accident lawyers. Call for your free consultation. Click To Call

Our attorneys serve car and truck accident victims in the following areas: Allegheny County, PA; Berks County, PA; Bucks County, PA; Chester County, PA; Delaware County, PA; Lehigh County, PA; Montgomery County, PA; Northampton County, PA: Philadelphia County, PA; Atlantic County, NJ; Burlington County, NJ; Camden County, NJ; Cumberland County, NJ; Gloucester County, NJ; Salem County, NJ; New Castle County, DE; Kent County, DE; Atlantic City, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Newark, NJ; Doylestown, PA; Media, PA; West Chester, PA; Norristown, PA; Camden, NJ; Wilmington, DE; Newark, DE; Georgetown, DE; and New Castle, DE. Our lawyers can obtain special admission in other states such as New York, on a case by case basis.

**This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is crucial to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.