How can I file a report against a doctor for sexual abuse?


[suffusion-widgets id=’2′]

A: Many states require certain classes of persons to report a reasonably suspected case of child abuse, including sex abuse. Laws vary by state. For example, in Pennsylvania, doctors and other medical professionals as well as school administrators and teachers are required to report reasonable suspicions of child sex abuse.

To find out if you are a mandatory reporter under your state’s law, you should speak to a sex abuse lawyer to ensure compliance with any applicable mandatory reporting laws.

In addition to the mandatory reporting laws, there are other options for someone who suspects a doctor or other medical professional, such as a therapist, is committing sex abuse:

1. Contact law enforcement.
2. Contact the state’s medical licensing board.
3. Contact a victim’s advocate group.
4. Contact a lawyer to discuss the possibility of a civil lawsuit.

Below you will find contact information for the Pennsylvania and New Jersey state medical board agencies:

Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine
P.O. Box 2649
Harrisburg, PA 17105-7769
(717) 787-2381/ Fax: (717) 787-7769

New Jersey State Board of Medicine
P.O. Box 183
Trenton, NJ 08625-0183
(609) 826-7100/ Fax: (609) 826-7117

Related doctor/physician sex abuse articles:

Brian Kent – Sex Abuse Lawyer

Brian Kent is a former sex crimes unit prosecutor and who now fights for justice on behalf of victims of crime and abuse. For more information, visit our abuse by professionals page, or call Click To Call.

Our attorneys serve victims in the following areas: Allegheny County, PA; Berks County, PA; Bucks County, PA; Chester County, PA; Delaware County, PA; Lehigh County, PA; Montgomery County, PA; Northampton County, PA: Philadelphia County, PA; Atlantic County, NJ; Burlington County, NJ; Camden County, NJ; Cumberland County, NJ; Gloucester County, NJ; Salem County, NJ; New Castle County, DE; Kent County, DE; Atlantic City, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Newark, NJ; Doylestown, PA; Media, PA; West Chester, PA; Norristown, PA; Camden, NJ; Wilmington, DE; Newark, DE; Georgetown, DE; and New Castle, DE.

Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation, and can obtain special admission in other states, such as New York or Delaware, on a case by case basis.

**This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is crucial to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.